F, D Ji, K Yan, FA Dijkstra, X Bao, S Li, Y Kuzyakov, J Wang. 2022. Increased
soil organic matter after 28 years of nitrogen fertilization only with plastic
film mulching is controlled by maize root biomass. Science of the Total Environment,
in press, date of acceptance 6 December 2021.
153. Fan B, L Yin, FA Dijkstra, J Lu, S Shao, P Wang, Q Wang, W Cheng. 2021. Potential gross nitrogen mineralization and its linkage with microbial respiration along a forest transect in eastern China. Applied Soil Ecology, 171: 104347.
152. Bicharanloo B, MB Shirvan, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2022. Nitrogen and phosphorus availability have stronger effects on gross and net nitrogen mineralisation than wheat rhizodeposition. Geoderma, 405: 115440.
J, C Huang, S Zhou, X Liu, FA Dijkstra. 2021. Nitrogen addition increases
microbial necromass in croplands and bacterial necromass in forests: A global
meta-analysis. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, in press, date of
acceptance: 13 October 2021.
150. Wang R, T Cresswell, MP Johansen, JJ Harrison, Y Jiang, C Keitel, TR Cavagnaro, FA Dijkstra. 2021. Re-allocation of nitrogen and phosphorus from roots drives regrowth of grasses and sedges after defoliation under deficit irrigation and nitrogen enrichment. Journal of Ecology, in press, date of acceptance: 30 August 2021.
149. Bicharanloo B, T Cavagnaro, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2021. Nitrogen fertilisation increases specific root respiration in ectomycorrhizal, but not in arbuscular mycorrhizal plants: a meta-analysis. Frontiers in Plant Science, 12: 711720.
148. Yin L, T Zhang, FA Dijkstra, C Huo, P Wang, W Cheng. 2021. Priming effect varies with root order: A case of Cunninghamia lanceolata. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 160: 108354.
147. Wang R, L Lü, Y Cao, J Sardans, H Liu, B Li, Y Zhang, J Peñuelas, FA Dijkstra, Y Jiang. 2021. Stability of elemental content correlates with plant resistance to soil impoverishment. Plant and Soil, 467: 213-226.
146. Wang R, TR Cavagnaro, Y Yiang, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2021. Carbon allocation to the rhizosphere is affected by drought and nitrogen addition. Journal of Ecology, 109: 3699-3709.
145. Yu X, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2021. Global analysis of phosphorus fertilizer use efficiency in cereal crops. Global Food Security, 29: 100545.
144. Mannan MA, S Mia, E Halder, FA Dijkstra. 2021. Biochar application rate does not improve plant water availability in soybean under drought stress. Agricultural Water Management, 253: 106940.
143. Yin L, FA Dijkstra, RP Phillips, B Zhu, P Wang, W Cheng. 2021. Arbuscular mycorrhizal trees cause a higher carbon to nitrogen ratio of soil organic matter decomposition via rhizosphere priming than ectomycorrhizal trees. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 157: 108246.
142. Ullah MR, Y Carrillo, FA Dijkstra. 2021. Drought-induced and seasonal variation in carbon use efficiency is associated with fungi:bacteria ratio and enzyme production in a grassland ecosystem. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 155: 108159.
141. Ullah MR, Y Carrillo, FA Dijkstra. 2021. Biocides provide a source of carbon and nitrogen directly to surviving microbes and indirectly through a pulse in microbial necromass. Applied Soil Ecology, 160: 103862.
140. Li J, J Pei, FA Dijkstra, M Nie, E Pendall, 2021. Microbial carbon use efficiency, biomass residence time and temperature sensitivity across ecosystems and soil depths. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 154: 108117.
139. Pei J, J Li, S Mia, B Singh, FA Dijkstra. 2021. Biochar aging increased microbial carbon use efficiency but decreased biomass turnover time. Geoderma, 382: 114710
138. Wang R, B Bicharanloo, MB Shirvan, TR Cavagnaro, Y Jiang, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2021. A novel 13C pulse-labelling method to quantify the contribution of rhizodeposits to soil respiration in a grassland exposed to drought and nitrogen addition. New Phytologist, 230: 857-866.
137. Dijkstra FA, B Zhu, W Cheng. 2021. Root effects on soil organic carbon: a double-edged sword. New Phytologist, 230: 60-65.
130. Li J, E Pendall, FA Dijkstra, M Nie. 2020. Root effects on the temperature sensitivity of soil respiration depend on climatic condition and ecosystem type. Soil and Tillage Research, 199: 104574.
129. Bicharanloo B, MB Shirvan, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2020. Rhizodeposition mediates the effect of nitrogen and phosphorus availability on microbial carbon use efficiency and turnover rate. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 142: 107705.
128. Pei J, FA Dijkstra, J Li, C Fang, J Su, M Nie, J Wu. 2020. Biochar-induced reductions of the rhizosphere priming effect are weaker under elevated CO2. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 142: 107700.
127. Mariotte P, T Cresswell, MP Johansen, JJ Harrison, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2020. Plant uptake of nitrogen and phosphorus among grassland species affected by drought along a soil available phosphorus gradient. Plant and Soil, 448(1-2): 121-132.
X, FA Dijkstra, L Yin, D Sun, W Cheng. 2020. Rhizosphere priming effects
in soil aggregates with different size classes. Ecosphere, 11: e03027.
125. Bicharanloo B, MB Shirvan, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2020. Nitrogen and phosphorus availability affect wheat carbon allocation pathways: rhizodeposition and mycorrhizal symbiosis. Soil Research, 58: 125-136.
124. Wang X-G, X-T Lü, H-Y Zhang, FA Dijkstra, Y-G Jiang, X-B Wang, J-Y Lu, Wuyunna, Z-W Wang, X-G Han. 2020. Changes in soil C:N:P stoichiometry along an aridity gradient in drylands of northern China. Geoderma, 361: 114087.
123. Ullah MR, PE Corneo, FA Dijkstra. 2020. Inter-seasonal nitrogen loss with drought depends on fertilizer management in a semi-natural Australian grassland. Ecosystems, 23: 1281-1293.
122. Wang, R, Y Cao, H Wang, FA Dijkstra, J Jiang, R Zhao, W Ma, T Li, M Dorodnikov, Z Wang, J Sardans, J Peñuelas. 2020. Exogenous P compounds differentially interacted with N availability to regulate enzymatic activities in a meadow steppe. European Journal of Soil Science, 71: 667-680.
121. Ahmad W, FA Dijkstra, RC Dalal, B Singh. 2020. Plant roots are more important than temperature in modulating carbon release in a limed acidic soil. European Journal of Soil Science, 71: 727-739.
120. Liu H, R Wang, H Wang, Y Cao, FA Dijkstra, Z Shi, J Cai, Z Wang,
H Zou, Y Jiang. 2019. Exogenous phosphorus compounds interact with nitrogen
availability to regulate dynamics of soil inorganic phosphorus fractions in a
meadow steppe. Biogeosciences, 16: 4293-4306.
118. Wang X-G, X-T Lü, FA Dijkstra, H-Y Zhang, X-B Wang, Wuyunna, Z-W Wang, J Feng, X-G Han. 2019. Changes of plant N:P stoichiometry across a 3000-km aridity transect in drylands of northern China. Plant and Soil, 443(1-2): 107-119.
117. Mia S, B Singh, FA Dijkstra. 2019. Chemically oxidized biochar increases ammonium-15N recovery and phosphorus uptake in a grassland. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 55: 577-588.
116. Mehnaz KR, PE Corneo, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2019. Carbon and phosphorus addition effects on microbial carbon use efficiency, soil organic matter priming, gross nitrogen mineralization and nitrous oxide emission from soil. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 134: 175-186.
115. Mehnaz KR, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2019. Phosphorus availability and plants alter soil nitrogen retention and loss. Science of the Total Environment 671: 786-794.
114. Ullah MR, FA Dijkstra. 2019. Fungicide and bactericide effects on carbon and nitrogen cycling in soils: a meta-analysis. Soil Systems, 3: 23.
113. Yin L, PE Corneo, A Richter, P Wang, W Cheng, FA Dijkstra. 2019. Variation in rhizosphere priming and microbial growth and carbon use efficiency caused by wheat genotypes and temperatures. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 134: 54-61.
112. Lu J, FA Dijkstra, P Wang, W Cheng. 2019. Roots of non-woody perennials accelerated long-term soil organic matter decomposition through biological and physical mechanisms. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 134: 42-53.
111. Bakhshandeh S, PE Corneo, L Yin, FA Dijkstra. 2019. Drought and heat stress reduce yield and alter carbon rhizodeposition of different wheat genotypes. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 205: 157-167.
110. Hou J, FA Dijkstra, X Zhang, C Wang, X Lü, P Wang, X Hang, W Cheng. 2019. Aridity thresholds of soil microbial metabolic indices along a 3200 km transect across arid and semi-arid regions in Northern China. PeerJ, 7: e6712.
109. Ding F, S Li, X-T Lü, FA Dijkstra, S Schaeffer, T Ana, J Peia, L Suna, J Wanga. Opposite effects of nitrogen fertilization and plastic film mulching on crop N and P stoichiometry in a temperate agroecosystem. Journal of Plant Ecology, 12: 682-692.
108. Chao L, Y Liu, G Freschet, W Zhang, X Yu, W Zheng, X Guan, Q Yang, L Chen, FA Dijkstra, S Wang. 2019. Litter carbon and nutrient chemistry control the magnitude of soil priming effect. Functional Ecology, 33: 876-888.
107. Zhao F, Y Zhang, FA Dijkstra, Z Li, Y Zhang, T Zhang, Y Lu, J Shi, L Yang. 2019. Effects of amendments on phosphorous fractions status in soils with different phosphorous levels. Catena, 172: 97-103.
106. Wang R, FA Dijkstra, H Liu, J Yin, X Wang, X Feng, Z Xu, Y Jiang. 2019. Response of soil carbon to nitrogen and water addition differs between labile and recalcitrant fractions: Evidence from multi–year data and different soil depths in a semi-arid steppe. Catena, 172: 857-865.
105. Carrillo Y, FA Dijkstra, D LeCain, D Blumenthal, E Pendall. 2018. Elevated CO2 and warming cause interactive effects on soil carbon and shifts in carbon use by bacteria. Ecology Letters, 21: 1639-1648.
104. Luo W, X Zuo, W Ma, C Xu, A Li, Q Yu, AK Knapp, R Tognetti, FA Dijkstra, M-H Li, G Han, Z Wang, X Han. 2018. Differential responses of canopy nutrients to experimental drought along a natural aridity gradient. Ecology, 99: 2230-2239.
103. Lu J, FA Dijkstra, P Wang, W Cheng. 2018. Rhizosphere priming of grassland species under different water and nitrogen conditions: a mechanistic hypothesis of C-N interactions. Plant and Soil, 429:303-319.
102. Corneo PE, MA Kertesz, S Bakhshandeh, H Tahaei, M Barbour, FA Dijkstra. 2018. Studying root water uptake of wheat genotypes in different soils using water δ18O stable isotopes. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 264:119-129.
101. Crowther TW, MB Machmuller, JC Carey, SD Allison, JM Blair, SD Bridgham, AJ Burton, FA Dijkstra, B Elberling, M Estiarte, KS Larsen, H Laudon, M Lupascu, S Marhan, J Mohan, S Niu, J Peñuelas, IK Schmidt, PH Templer, G Kröel-Dulay, S Frey, MA Bradford. 2018. Author Correction: Crowther et al. reply. Nature, 554, E7-E8.
100. Wang R, Y Zhang, P He, J Yin, J Yang, H Liu, J Cai, Z Shi, X Feng, FA Dijkstra, X Han, Y Jiang. 2018. Intensity and frequency of nitrogen addition alter soil chemical properties depending on mowing management in a temperate steppe. Journal of Environmental Management 224:77-86.
99. Luo W, C Xu, W Ma, X Yue, X Liang, X Zuo, AK Knapp, MD Smith, J Sardans, FA Dijkstra, J Peñuelas, Y Bai, Z Wang, Q Yu, X Han. 2018. Effects of extreme drought on plant nutrient uptake and resorption in rhizomatous vs bunch grass dominated grasslands. Oecologia, 188: 633-653.
98. Luo W, X Wang, J Sardans, Z Wang, FA Dijkstra, X-T Lü, J Peñuelas, X Han. 2018. Higher capability of C3 than C4 plants to use nitrogen inferred from nitrogen isotopes along an aridity gradient. Plant and Soil, 428:93-103.
97. Wang R, X Wang, Y Jiang, A Cerda, J Yin, H Liu, X Feng, Z Shi, FA Dijkstra, M-H Li. 2018. Soil properties determine the elevational patterns of base cations and micronutrients in the plant-soil system up to the upper limits of trees and shrubs. Biogeosciences, 15: 1763-1774.
96. Mehnaz KR, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2018. Effects of carbon and phosphorus addition on microbial respiration, N2O emission and gross nitrogen mineralization in a phosphorus-poor grassland soil. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 54:481-493.
95. Dijkstra FA, Y Carrillo, DM Blumenthal, KE Mueller, DR LeCain, JA Morgan, TJ Zelikova, DG Williams, RF Follett, E Pendall. 2018. Elevated CO2 and water addition enhance nitrogen turnover in grassland plants with implications for temporal stability. Ecology Letters, 21:674-682.
94. Yin L, FA Dijkstra, P Wang, B Zhu, W Cheng. 2018. Rhizosphere priming effects on soil carbon and nitrogen dynamics among tree species with and without intraspecific competition. New Phytologist, 218:1036-1048.
93. Blumenthal D, KE Mueller, JA Kray, DR LeCain, E Pendall, S Duke, J Zelikova, FA Dijkstra, DG Williams, JA Morgan. 2018. Warming and elevated CO2 interact to shift timing and reduce variability of soil water in a semi-arid grassland. Ecosystems, in press, date of acceptance: 11 January 2018.
92. Mia S, FA Dijkstra, B Singh. 2018. Enhanced biological nitrogen fixation and competitive advantage of legumes in mixed pastures diminish with biochar aging. Plant and Soil, 424:639-651.
91. Canarini A, P Mariotte, L Ingram, A Merchant, FA Dijkstra. 2018. Mineral-associated soil carbon is resistant to drought but sensitive to legumes and microbial biomass in an Australian grassland. Ecosystems, 21: 349-359.
90. Su T, FA Dijkstra, P Wang, W Cheng. 2017. Rhizosphere priming effects of soybean and cottonwood: do they vary with latitude? Plant and Soil, 420: 349-360.
89. Mia S9, FA Dijkstra, B Singh. 2017. Aging induced changes in biochar’s functionality and adsorption behavior for phosphate and ammonium. Environmental Science and Technology, 51: 8359-8367.
88. Bakhshandeh S, PE Corneo, P Mariotte, MA Kertesz, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Effect of crop rotation on mycorrhizal colonization and wheat yield under different fertilizer treatments. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 247: 130-136.
87. Hu Y, Z Zhang, Q Wang, S Wang, Z Zhang, Z Wang, G Xu, M Du, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Variations of N2O fluxes in response to warming and cooling in an alpine meadow on the Tibetan Plateau. Climatic Change, 143: 129-142.
86. Corneo PE, C Keitel, MA Kertesz, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Variation in specific root length among 23 wheat genotypes affects leaf δ13C and yield. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 246:21-29.
85. van Groenigen KJ, CW Osenberg, C Terrer, Y Carrillo, FA Dijkstra, J Heath, M Nie, E Pendall, RP Phillips, BA Hungate. 2017. Faster turnover of new soil carbon inputs under increased atmospheric CO2. Global Change Biology, 23: 4420-4429.
84. Canarini A, L Pødenphant Kiær, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Soil carbon loss regulated by drought intensity and available substrate: a meta-analysis. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 112:90-99.
83. Wang R, L Lü, CA Creamer, FA Dijkstra, H Liu, X Feng, G Yu, X Han, Y Jiang. 2017. Alteration of soil carbon and nitrogen pools and enzyme activities as affected by increased soil coarseness. Biogeosciences, 14:2155-2166.
82. De Kauwe, MG, BE Medlyn, AP Walker, S Zaehle, S Asao, B Guenet, A Harper, T Hickler, A Jain, Y Luo, C Lu, K Luus, WJ Parton, S Shu, Y-P Wang, C Werner, J Xia, E Pendall, JA Morgan, EM Ryan, Y Carrillo, FA Dijkstra, TJ Zelikova, RJ Norby. 2017. Challenging terrestrial biosphere models with data from the long-term multi-factor Prairie Heating And Carbon dioxide Enrichment experiment. Global Change Biology, 23: 3623-3645.
81. Mariotte, P, A Canarini, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Stoichiometric N:P flexibility and mycorrhizal symbiosis favor plant resistance against drought. Journal of Ecology, 105:958-967.
Editor's choice: https://jecologyblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/editors-choice-105-4/
80. Mia, S, B Singh, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Aged biochar affects gross nitrogen mineralization and recovery: a 15N study in two contrasting soils. Global Change Biology Bioenergy, 9:1196-1206.
79. Wang, R, M Dorodnikov, FA Dijkstra, S Yang, Z Xu, H Li, Y Jiang. 2017. Sensitivities to nitrogen and water addition vary among microbial groups within soil aggregates in a semi-arid grassland. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 53: 129-140.
78. Dijkstra FA, M Jenkins, V de Rémy de Courcelles, C Keitel, MM Barbour, ZE Kayler, MA Adams. 2017. Enhanced decomposition and nitrogen mineralization sustain rapid growth of Eucalyptus regnans after wildfire. Journal of Ecology, 105: 229-236.
77. Mia S, FA Dijkstra, B Singh. 2017. Long-term aging of biochar: a molecular understanding with agricultural and environmental implications. Advances in Agronomy, 141: 1-51.
76. Ogle, K, E Ryan, FA Dijkstra, E Pendall. 2016. Quantifying and reducing uncertainties in estimated soil CO2 fluxes with hierarchical data-model integration. Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences, 121: 2935-2948.
75. Crowther TW, KEO Todd-Brown, CW Rowe, WR Wieder, JC Carey, MB Machmuller, LB Snoek, S Fang, G Zhou, SD Allison, JM Blair, SD Bridgham, AJ Burton, Y Carrillo, PB Reich, JS Clark, AT Classen, FA Dijkstra, B Elberling, BA Emmett, M Estiarte, SD Frey, J Guo, J Harte, L Jiang, BR Johnson, G Kröel-Dulay, KS Larsen, H Laudon, JM Lavallee, Y Luo, M Lupascu, LN Ma, S Marhan, A Michelsen, J Mohan, S Niu, E Pendall, J Peñuelas, L Pfeifer-Meister, C Poll, S Reinsch, LL Reynolds, IK Schmidt, S Sistla, NW Sokol, PH Templer, KK Treseder, JM Welker, MA Bradford. 2016. Quantifying global soil carbon losses in response to warming. Nature, 540: 104-108.
74. Wu H, Q Li, C Lu, L Zhang, J Zhu, FA Dijkstra, Q Yu. 2016. Elevated ozone effects on soil nitrogen cycling differ among wheat cultivars. Applied Soil Ecology, 108:187-194
73. Canarini A, Y Carrillo, P Mariotte, L Ingram, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Soil microbial community resistance to drought and links to C stabilization in an Australian grassland. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 103:171-180.
72. Mehnaz KR, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Denitrification and associated N2O emissions are limited by phosphorus availability in a grassland soil. Geoderma, 284:34-41.
71. Canarini A, A Merchant, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Drought effects on Helianthus annuus and Glycine max metabolites: from phloem to root exudates. Rhizosphere, 2:85-97.
70. Keith A, B Singh, FA Dijkstra, F van Ogtrop. 2016. Biochar field study: Greenhouse gas emissions, productivity and nutrients in two soils. Agronomy Journal, 108:1805-1815.
69. Mueller KE, DM Blumenthal, E Pendall, Y Carrillo, FA Dijkstra, DG Williams, RF Follett, JA Morgan. 2016. Impacts of warming and elevated CO2 on a semi-arid grassland are non-additive, shift with precipitation, and reverse over time. Ecology Letters, 19:956-966.
68. Dijkstra FA, Y Carrillo, MJ Aspinwall, C Maier, A Canarini, H Tahaei, B Choat, DT Tissue. 2016. Water, nitrogen and phosphorus use efficiencies of four tree species in response to variable water and nutrient supply. Plant and Soil, 406:187-199.
67. Bakhshandeh S, MA Kertesz, PE Corneo, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Dual-labeling with 15N and H218O to investigate water and N uptake of wheat under different water regimes. Plant and Soil, 408:429-441.
66. Luo W, J Sardans, FA Dijkstra, J Peñuelas, X.-T Lü, H Wu, M.-H Li, E Bai, Z Wang, X Han, Y Jiang. 2016. Thresholds in decoupled soil-plant elements under changing climatic conditions. Plant and Soil, 409:159-173.
65. Hu Y, Q Wang, S Wang, Z Zhang, FA Dijkstra, Z Zhang, G Xu, J Duan, M Du, H Niu. 2016. Asymmetric responses of methane uptake to climate warming and cooling of a Tibetan alpine meadow assessed through a reciprocal translocation along an elevation gradient. Plant and Soil, 402:263-275.
64. Corneo PE, H Suenaga, MA Kertesz, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Effect of twenty four wheat genotypes on soil biochemical and microbial properties. Plant and Soil, 404:141-155.
63. Ahmad W, FA Dijkstra, RC Dalal, B Singh. 2016. Soil warming and liming impacts on the recovery of 15N in an acidic soil under soybean cropping. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science, 179:193-197.
62. Luo W, FA Dijkstra, E Bai, J Feng, X-T Lü, C Wang, H Wu, M-H Li, X Han, Y Jiang. 2016. A threshold reveals decoupled relationship of sulfur with carbon and nitrogen in soils across arid and semi-arid grasslands in northern China. Biogeochemistry, 127:141-153.
61. He M, FA Dijkstra, K Zhang, H Tan, Y Zhao, X Li. 2016. Influence of life form, taxonomy, climate, and soil properties on shoot and root concentrations of 11 elements in herbaceous plants in a temperate desert. Plant and Soil, 398:339-350.
60. Carrillo Y, FA Dijkstra, D LeCain, E Pendall. 2016. Mediation of soil C decomposition by arbuscular mycorrizhae fungi in grass rhizospheres under elevated CO2. Biogeochemistry, 127:45-55.
59. Mete FZ, S Mia, FA
Dijkstra, Md Abuyusuf, ASMI Hossain. 2015. Synergistic effects of biochar and
NPK fertilizer on soybean yield in an alkaline soil. Pedosphere, 25:713-719.
58. Keith A, B Singh, FA Dijkstra. 2015. Biochar reduces the rhizosphere priming effect on soil organic carbon. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 88:372-379.
57. Chen J, Y Carrillo, E Pendall, FA Dijkstra, RD Evans, JA Morgan, DG Williams. 2015. Soil microbes compete strongly with plants for soil inorganic and amino acid nitrogen in a semiarid grassland exposed to elevated CO2 and warming. Ecosystems, 18:867-880.
56. Dijkstra FA & MA Adams. 2015. Fire eases imbalances of nitrogen and phosphorus in woody plants. Ecosystems, 18:769-779.
55. Dijkstra FA, M He, MP Johansen, JJ Harrison, & C Keitel. 2015. Plant and microbial uptake of nitrogen and phosphorus affected by drought using 15N and 32P tracers. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 82:135-142.
54. He M & FA Dijkstra. 2015. Phosphorus addition enhances loss of nitrogen in a phosphorus-poor soil. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 82:99-106.
53. Canarini A & FA Dijkstra. 2015. Dry-rewetting cycles regulate wheat carbon rhizodeposition, stabilization and nitrogen cycling. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 81:195-203.
52. Ahmad W, B Singh, RC Dalal, & FA Dijkstra. 2015. Carbon dynamics from carbonate dissolution in Australian agricultural soils. Soil Research, 53:144-153.
51. He M, FA Dijkstra, K Zhang, X Li, H Tan, Y Gao, & G Li. 2014. Leaf nitrogen and phosphorus of temperate desert plants in response to climate and soil nutrient availability. Scientific Reports, 4:6932.
50. Singh B, LM Macdonald, RS Kookana, L van Zwieten, G Butler, S Joseph, T Weatherly, BB Kaudal, A Reagan, J Cattle, F Dijkstra, M Boersma, S Kimber, A Keith. 2014. Opportunities and constraints for biochar technology in Australian agriculture: looking beyond carbon sequestration. Soil Research, 52:739-750.
49. He M & FA Dijkstra. 2014. Drought effect on plant nitrogen and phosphorus: a meta-analysis. New Phytologist, 204:924-931.
48. Zhang Q-Z, FA Dijkstra, X-R Liu, Y-D Wang, J Huang, & N Lu. 2014. Effects of biochar on soil microbial biomass after four years of consecutive application in the North China Plain. PLoS ONE, 9:e102062.
47. Lü X-T, FA Dijkstra, D-L Kong, Z-W Wang, & X-G Han. 2014. Plant nitrogen uptake drives responses of productivity to nitrogen and water addition in a grassland. Scientific Reports, 4:4817.
46. Carrillo Y, E Pendall, FA Dijkstra, D LeCain, JA Morgan, D Blumenthal, & S Waldron. 2014. Disentangling root responses to climate change in a semiarid grassland. Oecologia, 175:699-711.
45. Carrillo Y, FA Dijkstra, E Pendall, D LeCain, and C Tucker. 2014. Plant rhizosphere influence on microbial C metabolism: the role of elevated CO2, N availability and root stoichiometry. Biogeochemistry, 117:229-240.
43. Pendall E, JL Heisler-White, DG Williams, FA Dijkstra, Y Carrillo, JA Morgan, & DR LeCain. 2013. Warming reduces carbon losses from grassland exposed to elevated atmospheric carbon dioxide. PLoS ONE 8:e71921.
42. Phillips R, DWT Griffith, F Dijkstra, G Lugg, R Lawrie, & B Macdonald. 2013. Tracking short-term effects of nitrogen-15 addition on nitrous oxide fluxes using Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy. Journal of Environmental Quality, 42:1327-1340.
41. Dijkstra FA, Y Carrillo, E Pendall, & JA Morgan. 2013. Rhizosphere priming: a nutrient perspective. Frontiers in Terrestrial Microbiology, 4:216.
40. Dijkstra FA, JA Morgan, RF Follett, & DR LeCain. 2013. Climate change reduces the net sink of CH4 and N2O in a semiarid grassland. Global Change Biology, 19:1816-1826.
39. Ahmad W, B Singh, FA Dijkstra, & RC Dalal. 2013. Inorganic and organic carbon dynamics in a limed acid soil are mediated by plants. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 57:549-555.
38. Dijkstra FA, SA Prior, GB Runion, HA Torbert, H Tian, C Lu, & RT Venterea. 2012. Effects of elevated CO2 and warming on methane and nitrous oxide fluxes: evidence from field experiments. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 10:520-527.
37. Dijkstra FA, E Pendall, JA Morgan, DM Blumenthal, Y Carrillo, DR LeCain, RF Follett, & DG Williams. 2012. Climate change alters stoichiometry of phosphorus and nitrogen in a semiarid grassland. New Phytologist, 196:807-815.
36. Dijkstra FA, DJ Augustine, P Brewer, & JC von Fischer. 2012. Nitrogen cycling and water pulses in semiarid grasslands: are microbial and plant processes temporally asynchronous? Oecologia, 170:799-808.
35. LeCain DR, JA Morgan, GL Hutchinson, JD Reeder, & FA Dijkstra. 2012. Interactions between elevated atmospheric CO2 and defoliation on North American rangeland plant species at low and high N availability. Grass and Forage Science, 67:350-360.
34. Dieleman WIJ, S Vicca, FA Dijkstra, F Hagedorn, MJ Hovenden, KS Larsen, JA Morgan, A Volder, C Beier, JS Dukes, J King, S Leuzinger, S Linder, Y Luo, R Oren, P DeAngelis, D Tingey, MR Hoosbeek, & IA Janssens. 2012. Simple additive effects are rare: A quantitative review of plant biomass and soil process responses to combined manipulations of CO2 and temperature. Global Change Biology, 18:2681-2693.
32. Dijkstra FA, & JA Morgan. 2012. Elevated CO2 and warming effects on soil carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas exchange in agroecosystems: A review. Pages 467-486 In: M Liebig, A Franzluebbers, & R Follett (eds.), Managing Agricultural Greenhouse Gases, Academic Press.
31. Dijkstra FA, GL Hutchinson, JD Reeder, DR LeCain, & JA Morgan. 2011. Elevated CO2, but not defoliation, enhances N cycling and increases short-term soil N immobilization regardless of N addition in a semiarid grassland. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 43:2247-2256.
30. Carrillo Y, E Pendall, FA Dijkstra, JA Morgan, & JM Newcomb. 2011. Response of soil organic matter pools to elevated CO2 and warming in a semi-arid grassland. Plant and Soil, 347:339-350.
29. Morgan JA, DR LeCain, E Pendall, DM Blumenthal, BA Kimball, Y Carrillo, DG Williams, J Heisler-White, FA Dijkstra, & M West. 2011. Carbon dioxide eliminates dessication in warmed semi-arid grassland and C4 grasses prosper. Nature, 476:202-205.
28. Augustine DJ, FA Dijkstra, EW Hamilton III, & JA Morgan. 2011. Rhizosphere interactions, carbon allocation, and nitrogen acquisition of two perennial North American grasses in response to defoliation and elevated atmospheric CO2. Oecologia, 165:755-770.
26. Dijkstra FA, D Blumenthal, JA Morgan, DR LeCain, & RF Follett. 2010. Elevated CO2 effects on semiarid grassland plants in relation to water availability and competition. Functional Ecology, 24:1152-1161.
25. Dijkstra FA, D Blumenthal, JA Morgan, E Pendall, Y Carrillo, & RF Follett. 2010. Contrasting effects of elevated CO2 and warming on nitrogen cycling in a semiarid grassland. New Phytologist, 187:426-437.
24. Dijkstra FA, JA Morgan, D Blumenthal, & RF Follett. 2010. Water limitation and plant inter-specific competition reduce rhizosphere-induced C decomposition and plant N uptake. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 42:1073-1082.
23. Dijkstra FA, JA Morgan, DR LeCain, & RF Follett. 2010. Microbially mediated CH4 consumption and N2O emission is affected by elevated CO2, soil water content, and composition of semi-arid grassland species. Plant and Soil, 329:269-281.
21. Dijkstra FA. 2009. Modeling the flow of 15N after a 15N pulse to study long-term N dynamics in a semiarid grassland. Ecology, 90:2171-2182.
20. Dijkstra FA, NE Bader, DW Johnson, & W Cheng. 2009. Does accelerated soil organic matter decomposition in the presence of plants increase net N mineralization? Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 41:1080-1087.
19. Dijkstra FA, JB West, SE Hobbie, & PR Reich. 2009. Antagonistic effects of
species on decomposition and net mineralization in soils from mixed coniferous plantations. Forest Ecology and Management, 22:975-982.
18. Dijkstra FA, E Pendall, AR Mosier, JY King, DG Milchunas, & JA Morgan. 2008. Long-term enhancement of N availability and plant growth under elevated CO2 in a semiarid grassland. Functional Ecology 22:975-982.
17. Dijkstra FA & W Cheng. 2008. Increased soil moisture content increases plant N uptake and the abundance of 15N in plant biomass. Plant and Soil 302:263-271.
16. Dijkstra FA, & W Cheng. 2007. Interactions between soil and tree roots accelerate long-term soil carbon decomposition. Ecology Letters 10:1046-1053.
15. Dijkstra FA, & W Cheng. 2007. Moisture modulates rhizosphere effects on C decomposition in two different soil types. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 39:2264-2274.
14. Johnson DW, FA Dijkstra, & W Cheng. 2007. The effects of Glycine max and Helianthus annuus on nutrient availability in two soils. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 39:2160-2163.
13. Dijkstra FA, JB West, SE Hobbie, PB Reich, & J Trost. 2007. Dissolved inorganic and organic N leaching from a grassland field experiment: interactive effects of plant species richness, atmospheric [CO2], and N fertilization. Ecology 88:490-500.
12. Cheng W & FA Dijkstra. 2007. Theoretical and empirical validation of a continuous labeling method using naturally 13C-depleted carbon dioxide. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 49:401-407.
11. Dijkstra FA, W Cheng, & DW Johnson. 2006. Plant biomass influences rhizosphere effects on soil organic matter decomposition in two differently managed soils. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 38:2519-2526.
10. Dijkstra FA, K Wrage, SE Hobbie, & PB Reich. 2006. Tree patches show greater N losses but maintain higher soil N availability than grassland patches in a frequently burned oak savanna. Ecosystems 9:441-452.
9. Dijkstra FA, SE Hobbie, & PB Reich. 2006. Soil processes affected by 16 grassland species grown under different environmental conditions. Soil Science Society of America Journal 70:770-777.
8. Dijkstra FA, SE Hobbie, PB Reich, & JMH Knops. 2005. Divergent effects of elevated CO2, N fertilization, and plant diversity on soil C and N dynamics in a grassland field experiment. Plant and Soil 272:41-52.
7. Dijkstra FA, SE Hobbie, JMH Knops, & PB Reich. 2004. Nitrogen and plant species interact to influence soil carbon stabilization. Ecology Letters 7:1192-1198.
6. Dijkstra FA & RD Fitzhugh. 2003. Aluminum solubility and mobility in relation to organic carbon in surface soils affected by different tree species. Geoderma 114:33-47.
5. Dijkstra FA, N van Breemen, AG Jongmans, GR Davies, & GE Likens. 2003. Calcium weathering in forested soils and the effect of different tree species. Biogeochemistry 62:253-275.
4. Dijkstra FA. 2003. Calcium mineralization in the forest floor and surface soil beneath different tree species of the northeastern US. Forest Ecology and Management 175:185-194.
3. Aber J, ES Bernhardt, FA Dijkstra, RH Gardner, KH Macneale, WJ Parton, STA Pickett, DL Urban, & KC Weathers. 2003. Standards of practice for review and publication of models - summary of discussion. In: CD Canham, JJ Cole, WK Lauenroth (eds.), The role of models in ecosystem science. Princeton University Press, p. 204-210.
2. Dijkstra FA & MM Smits. 2002. Tree species effects on calcium cycling: the role of calcium uptake in deep soils. Ecosystems 5:385-398.