104. Carrillo Y, FA Dijkstra, D LeCain, D Blumenthal, E Pendall. 2018. Elevated CO2 and warming cause interactive effects on soil carbon and shifts in carbon use by bacteria. Ecology Letters, in press, date of acceptance: 29 July 2018.
103. Luo W, X Zuo, W Ma, C Xu, A Li, Q Yu, AK Knapp, R Tognetti, FA Dijkstra, M-H Li, G Han, Z Wang, X Han. 2018. Differential responses of canopy nutrients to experimental drought along a natural aridity gradient. Ecology, in press, date of acceptance: 18 June 2018.
102. Lu J, FA Dijkstra, P Wang, W Cheng. 2018. Rhizosphere priming of grassland species under different water and nitrogen conditions: a mechanistic hypothesis of C-N interactions. Plant and Soil, 429:303-319.
101. Corneo PE, MA Kertesz, S Bakhshandeh, H Tahaei, M Barbour, FA Dijkstra. 2018. Studying root water uptake of wheat genotypes in different soils using water δ18O stable isotopes. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 264:119-129.
100. Wang R, Y Zhang, P He, J Yin, J Yang, H Liu, J Cai, Z Shi, X Feng, FA Dijkstra, X Han, Y Jiang. 2018. Intensity and frequency of nitrogen addition alter soil chemical properties depending on mowing management in a temperate steppe. Journal of Environmental Management 224:77-86.
99. Luo W, C Xu, W Ma, X Yue, X Liang, X Zuo, AK Knapp, MD Smith, J Sardans, FA Dijkstra, J Peñuelas, Y Bai, Z Wang, Q Yu, X Han. 2018. Effects of extreme drought on plant nutrient uptake and resorption in rhizomatous vs bunch grass dominated grasslands. Oecologia, in press, date of acceptance: 5 May 2018.
98. Luo W, X Wang, J Sardans, Z Wang, FA Dijkstra, X-T Lü, J Peñuelas, X Han. 2018. Higher capability of C3 than C4 plants to use nitrogen inferred from nitrogen isotopes along an aridity gradient. Plant and Soil, 428:93-103.
97. Wang R, X Wang, Y Jiang, A Cerda, J Yin, H Liu, X Feng, Z Shi, FA Dijkstra, M-H Li. 2018. Soil properties determine the elevational patterns of base cations and micronutrients in the plant-soil system up to the upper limits of trees and shrubs. Biogeosciences, 15: 1763-1774.
96. Mehnaz KR, C Keitel, FA Dijkstra. 2018. Effects of carbon and phosphorus addition on microbial respiration, N2O emission and gross nitrogen mineralization in a phosphorus-poor grassland soil. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 54:481-493.
95. Dijkstra FA, Y Carrillo, DM Blumenthal, KE Mueller, DR LeCain, JA Morgan, TJ Zelikova, DG Williams, RF Follett, E Pendall. 2018. Elevated CO2 and water addition enhance nitrogen turnover in grassland plants with implications for temporal stability. Ecology Letters, 21:674-682.
94. Yin L, FA Dijkstra, P Wang, B Zhu, W Cheng. 2018. Rhizosphere priming effects on soil carbon and nitrogen dynamics among tree species with and without intraspecific competition. New Phytologist, 218:1036-1048.
93. Blumenthal D, KE Mueller, JA Kray, DR LeCain, E Pendall, S Duke, J Zelikova, FA Dijkstra, DG Williams, JA Morgan. 2018. Warming and elevated CO2 interact to shift timing and reduce variability of soil water in a semi-arid grassland. Ecosystems, in press, date of acceptance: 11 January 2018.
92. Mia S, FA Dijkstra, B Singh. 2018. Enhanced biological nitrogen fixation and competitive advantage of legumes in mixed pastures diminish with biochar aging. Plant and Soil, 424:639-651.
91. Canarini A, P Mariotte, L Ingram, A Merchant, FA Dijkstra. 2018. Mineral-associated soil carbon is resistant to drought but sensitive to legumes and microbial biomass in an Australian grassland. Ecosystems, 21: 349-359.
90. Su T, FA Dijkstra, P Wang, W Cheng. 2017. Rhizosphere priming effects of soybean and cottonwood: do they vary with latitude? Plant and Soil, 420: 349-360.
89. Mia S9, FA Dijkstra, B Singh. 2017. Aging induced changes in biochar’s functionality and adsorption behavior for phosphate and ammonium. Environmental Science and Technology, 51: 8359-8367.
88. Bakhshandeh S, PE Corneo, P Mariotte, MA Kertesz, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Effect of crop rotation on mycorrhizal colonization and wheat yield under different fertilizer treatments. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 247: 130-136.
87. Hu Y, Z Zhang, Q Wang, S Wang, Z Zhang, Z Wang, G Xu, M Du, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Variations of N2O fluxes in response to warming and cooling in an alpine meadow on the Tibetan Plateau. Climatic Change, 143: 129-142.
86. Corneo PE, C Keitel, MA Kertesz, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Variation in specific root length among 23 wheat genotypes affects leaf δ13C and yield. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 246:21-29.
85. van Groenigen KJ, CW Osenberg, C Terrer, Y Carrillo, FA Dijkstra, J Heath, M Nie, E Pendall, RP Phillips, BA Hungate. 2017. Faster turnover of new soil carbon inputs under increased atmospheric CO2. Global Change Biology, 23: 4420-4429.
84. Canarini A, L Pødenphant Kiær, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Soil carbon loss regulated by drought intensity and available substrate: a meta-analysis. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 112:90-99.
83. Wang R, L Lü, CA Creamer, FA Dijkstra, H Liu, X Feng, G Yu, X Han, Y Jiang. 2017. Alteration of soil carbon and nitrogen pools and enzyme activities as affected by increased soil coarseness. Biogeosciences, 14:2155-2166.
82. De Kauwe, MG, BE Medlyn, AP Walker, S Zaehle, S Asao, B Guenet, A Harper, T Hickler, A Jain, Y Luo, C Lu, K Luus, WJ Parton, S Shu, Y-P Wang, C Werner, J Xia, E Pendall, JA Morgan, EM Ryan, Y Carrillo, FA Dijkstra, TJ Zelikova, RJ Norby. 2017. Using multi-factor global change experiments to inform models: a model-data intercomparison at the semi-arid Prairie Heating And Carbon dioxide Enrichment experiment. Global Change Biology, 23: 3623-3645.
81. Mariotte, P, A Canarini, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Stoichiometric N:P flexibility and mycorrhizal symbiosis favor plant resistance against drought. Journal of Ecology, 105:958-967.
Editor's choice: https://jecologyblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/editors-choice-105-4/
80. Mia, S, B Singh, FA Dijkstra. 2017. Aged biochar affects gross nitrogen mineralisation and recovery: a 15N study in two contrasting soils. Global Change Biology Bioenergy, 9:1196-1206.
79. Wang, R, M Dorodnikov, FA Dijkstra, S Yang, Z Xu, H Li, Y Jiang. 2017. Sensitivities to nitrogen and water addition vary among microbial groups within soil aggregates in a semi-arid grassland. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 53: 129-140.
78. Dijkstra FA, M Jenkins, V de Rémy de Courcelles, C Keitel, MM Barbour, ZE Kayler, MA Adams. 2017. Enhanced decomposition and nitrogen mineralisation sustain rapid growth of Eucalyptus regnans after wildfire. Journal of Ecology, 105: 229-236.
77. Mia S, FA Dijkstra, B Singh. 2017. Long-term aging of biochar: a molecular understanding with agricultural and environmental implications. Advances in Agronomy, 141: 1-51.
76. Ogle, K, E Ryan, FA Dijkstra, E Pendall. 2016. Quantifying and reducing uncertainties in estimated soil CO2 fluxes with hierarchical data-model integration. Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences, 121: 2935-2948.
75. Crowther TW, KEO Todd-Brown, CW Rowe, WR Wieder, JC Carey, MB Machmuller, LB Snoek, S Fang, G Zhou, SD Allison, JM Blair, SD Bridgham, AJ Burton, Y Carrillo, PB Reich, JS Clark, AT Classen, FA Dijkstra, B Elberling, BA Emmett, M Estiarte, SD Frey, J Guo, J Harte, L Jiang, BR Johnson, G Kröel-Dulay, KS Larsen, H Laudon, JM Lavallee, Y Luo, M Lupascu, LN Ma, S Marhan, A Michelsen, J Mohan, S Niu, E Pendall, J Peñuelas, L Pfeifer-Meister, C Poll, S Reinsch, LL Reynolds, IK Schmidt, S Sistla, NW Sokol, PH Templer, KK Treseder, JM Welker, MA Bradford. 2016. Quantifying global soil carbon losses in response to warming. Nature, 540: 104-108.
74. Wu H, Q Li, C Lu, L Zhang, J Zhu, FA Dijkstra, Q Yu. 2016. Elevated ozone effects on soil nitrogen cycling differ among wheat cultivars. Applied Soil Ecology, 108:187-194
73. Canarini A, Y Carrillo, P Mariotte, L Ingram, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Soil microbial community resistance to drought and links to C stabilization in an Australian grassland. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 103:171-180.
72. Mehnaz KR, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Denitrification and associated N2O emissions are limited by phosphorus availability in a grassland soil. Geoderma, 284:34-41.
71. Canarini A, A Merchant, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Drought effects on Helianthus annuus and Glycine max metabolites: from phloem to root exudates. Rhizosphere, 2:85-97.
70. Keith A, B Singh, FA Dijkstra, F van Ogtrop. 2016. Biochar field study: Greenhouse gas emissions, productivity and nutrients in two soils. Agronomy Journal, 108:1805-1815.
69. Mueller KE, DM Blumenthal, E Pendall, Y Carrillo, FA Dijkstra, DG Williams, RF Follett, JA Morgan. 2016. Impacts of warming and elevated CO2 on a semi-arid grassland are non-additive, shift with precipitation, and reverse over time. Ecology Letters, 19:956-966.
68. Dijkstra FA, Y Carrillo, MJ Aspinwall, C Maier, A Canarini, H Tahaei, B Choat, DT Tissue. 2016. Water, nitrogen and phosphorus use efficiencies of four tree species in response to variable water and nutrient supply. Plant and Soil, 406:187-199.
67. Bakhshandeh S, MA Kertesz, PE Corneo, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Dual-labeling with 15N and H218O to investigate water and N uptake of wheat under different water regimes. Plant and Soil, 408:429-441.
66. Luo W, J Sardans, FA Dijkstra, J Peñuelas, X.-T Lü, H Wu, M.-H Li, E Bai, Z Wang, X Han, Y Jiang. 2016. Thresholds in decoupled soil-plant elements under changing climatic conditions. Plant and Soil, 409:159-173.
65. Hu Y, Q Wang, S Wang, Z Zhang, FA Dijkstra, Z Zhang, G Xu, J Duan, M Du, H Niu. 2016. Asymmetric responses of methane uptake to climate warming and cooling of a Tibetan alpine meadow assessed through a reciprocal translocation along an elevation gradient. Plant and Soil, 402:263-275.
64. Corneo PE, H Suenaga, MA Kertesz, FA Dijkstra. 2016. Effect of twenty four wheat genotypes on soil biochemical and microbial properties. Plant and Soil, 404:141-155.
63. Ahmad W, FA Dijkstra, RC Dalal, B Singh. 2016. Soil warming and liming impacts on the recovery of 15N in an acidic soil under soybean cropping. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science, 179:193-197.
62. Luo W, FA Dijkstra, E Bai, J Feng, X-T Lü, C Wang, H Wu, M-H Li, X Han, Y Jiang. 2016. A threshold reveals decoupled relationship of sulfur with carbon and nitrogen in soils across arid and semi-arid grasslands in northern China. Biogeochemistry, 127:141-153.
61. He M, FA Dijkstra, K Zhang, H Tan, Y Zhao, X Li. 2016. Influence of life form, taxonomy, climate, and soil properties on shoot and root concentrations of 11 elements in herbaceous plants in a temperate desert. Plant and Soil, 398:339-350.
60. Carrillo Y, FA Dijkstra, D LeCain, E Pendall. 2016. Mediation of soil C decomposition by arbuscular mycorrizhae fungi in grass rhizospheres under elevated CO2. Biogeochemistry, 127:45-55.
59. Mete FZ, S Mia, FA
Dijkstra, Md Abuyusuf, ASMI Hossain. 2015. Synergistic effects of biochar and
NPK fertilizer on soybean yield in an alkaline soil. Pedosphere, 25:713-719.
58. Keith A, B Singh, FA Dijkstra. 2015. Biochar reduces the rhizosphere priming effect on soil organic carbon. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 88:372-379.
57. Chen J, Y Carrillo, E Pendall, FA Dijkstra, RD Evans, JA Morgan, DG Williams. 2015. Soil microbes compete strongly with plants for soil inorganic and amino acid nitrogen in a semiarid grassland exposed to elevated CO2 and warming. Ecosystems, 18:867-880.
56. Dijkstra FA & MA Adams. 2015. Fire eases imbalances of nitrogen and phosphorus in woody plants. Ecosystems, 18:769-779.
55. Dijkstra FA, M He, MP Johansen, JJ Harrison, & C Keitel. 2015. Plant and microbial uptake of nitrogen and phosphorus affected by drought using 15N and 32P tracers. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 82:135-142.
54. He M & FA Dijkstra. 2015. Phosphorus addition enhances loss of nitrogen in a phosphorus-poor soil. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 82:99-106.
53. Canarini A & FA Dijkstra. 2015. Dry-rewetting cycles regulate wheat carbon rhizodeposition, stabilization and nitrogen cycling. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 81:195-203.
52. Ahmad W, B Singh, RC Dalal, & FA Dijkstra. 2015. Carbon dynamics from carbonate dissolution in Australian agricultural soils. Soil Research, 53:144-153.
51. He M, FA Dijkstra, K Zhang, X Li, H Tan, Y Gao, & G Li. 2014. Leaf nitrogen and phosphorus of temperate desert plants in response to climate and soil nutrient availability. Scientific Reports, 4:6932.
50. Singh B, LM Macdonald, RS Kookana, L van Zwieten, G Butler, S Joseph, T Weatherly, BB Kaudal, A Reagan, J Cattle, F Dijkstra, M Boersma, S Kimber, A Keith. 2014. Opportunities and constraints for biochar technology in Australian agriculture: looking beyond carbon sequestration. Soil Research, 52:739-750.
49. He M & FA Dijkstra. 2014. Drought effect on plant nitrogen and phosphorus: a meta-analysis. New Phytologist, 204:924-931.
48. Zhang Q-Z, FA Dijkstra, X-R Liu, Y-D Wang, J Huang, & N Lu. 2014. Effects of biochar on soil microbial biomass after four years of consecutive application in the North China Plain. PLoS ONE, 9:e102062.
47. Lü X-T, FA Dijkstra, D-L Kong, Z-W Wang, & X-G Han. 2014. Plant nitrogen uptake drives responses of productivity to nitrogen and water addition in a grassland. Scientific Reports, 4:4817.
46. Carrillo Y, E Pendall, FA Dijkstra, D LeCain, JA Morgan, D Blumenthal, & S Waldron. 2014. Disentangling root responses to climate change in a semiarid grassland. Oecologia, 175:699-711.
45. Carrillo Y, FA Dijkstra, E Pendall, D LeCain, and C Tucker. 2014. Plant rhizosphere influence on microbial C metabolism: the role of elevated CO2, N availability and root stoichiometry. Biogeochemistry, 117:229-240.
43. Pendall E, JL Heisler-White, DG Williams, FA Dijkstra, Y Carrillo, JA Morgan, & DR LeCain. 2013. Warming reduces carbon losses from grassland exposed to elevated atmospheric carbon dioxide. PLoS ONE 8:e71921.
42. Phillips R, DWT Griffith, F Dijkstra, G Lugg, R Lawrie, & B Macdonald. 2013. Tracking short-term effects of nitrogen-15 addition on nitrous oxide fluxes using Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy. Journal of Environmental Quality, 42:1327-1340.
41. Dijkstra FA, Y Carrillo, E Pendall, & JA Morgan. 2013. Rhizosphere priming: a nutrient perspective. Frontiers in Terrestrial Microbiology, 4:216.
40. Dijkstra FA, JA Morgan, RF Follett, & DR LeCain. 2013. Climate change reduces the net sink of CH4 and N2O in a semiarid grassland. Global Change Biology, 19:1816-1826.
39. Ahmad W, B Singh, FA Dijkstra, & RC Dalal. 2013. Inorganic and organic carbon dynamics in a limed acid soil are mediated by plants. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 57:549-555.
38. Dijkstra FA, SA Prior, GB Runion, HA Torbert, H Tian, C Lu, & RT Venterea. 2012. Effects of elevated CO2 and warming on methane and nitrous oxide fluxes: evidence from field experiments. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 10:520-527.
37. Dijkstra FA, E Pendall, JA Morgan, DM Blumenthal, Y Carrillo, DR LeCain, RF Follett, & DG Williams. 2012. Climate change alters stoichiometry of phosphorus and nitrogen in a semiarid grassland. New Phytologist, 196:807-815.
36. Dijkstra FA, DJ Augustine, P Brewer, & JC von Fischer. 2012. Nitrogen cycling and water pulses in semiarid grasslands: are microbial and plant processes temporally asynchronous? Oecologia, 170:799-808.
35. LeCain DR, JA Morgan, GL Hutchinson, JD Reeder, & FA Dijkstra. 2012. Interactions between elevated atmospheric CO2 and defoliation on North American rangeland plant species at low and high N availability. Grass and Forage Science, 67:350-360.
34. Dieleman WIJ, S Vicca, FA Dijkstra, F Hagedorn, MJ Hovenden, KS Larsen, JA Morgan, A Volder, C Beier, JS Dukes, J King, S Leuzinger, S Linder, Y Luo, R Oren, P DeAngelis, D Tingey, MR Hoosbeek, & IA Janssens. 2012. Simple additive effects are rare: A quantitative review of plant biomass and soil process responses to combined manipulations of CO2 and temperature. Global Change Biology, 18:2681-2693.
32. Dijkstra FA, & JA Morgan. 2012. Elevated CO2 and warming effects on soil carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas exchange in agroecosystems: A review. Pages 467-486 In: M Liebig, A Franzluebbers, & R Follett (eds.), Managing Agricultural Greenhouse Gases, Academic Press.
31. Dijkstra FA, GL Hutchinson, JD Reeder, DR LeCain, & JA Morgan. 2011. Elevated CO2, but not defoliation, enhances N cycling and increases short-term soil N immobilization regardless of N addition in a semiarid grassland. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 43:2247-2256.
30. Carrillo Y, E Pendall, FA Dijkstra, JA Morgan, & JM Newcomb. 2011. Response of soil organic matter pools to elevated CO2 and warming in a semi-arid grassland. Plant and Soil, 347:339-350.
29. Morgan JA, DR LeCain, E Pendall, DM Blumenthal, BA Kimball, Y Carrillo, DG Williams, J Heisler-White, FA Dijkstra, & M West. 2011. Carbon dioxide eliminates dessication in warmed semi-arid grassland and C4 grasses prosper. Nature, 476:202-205.
28. Augustine DJ, FA Dijkstra, EW Hamilton III, & JA Morgan. 2011. Rhizosphere interactions, carbon allocation, and nitrogen acquisition of two perennial North American grasses in response to defoliation and elevated atmospheric CO2. Oecologia, 165:755-770.
26. Dijkstra FA, D Blumenthal, JA Morgan, DR LeCain, & RF Follett. 2010. Elevated CO2 effects on semiarid grassland plants in relation to water availability and competition. Functional Ecology, 24:1152-1161.
25. Dijkstra FA, D Blumenthal, JA Morgan, E Pendall, Y Carrillo, & RF Follett. 2010. Contrasting effects of elevated CO2 and warming on nitrogen cycling in a semiarid grassland. New Phytologist, 187:426-437.
24. Dijkstra FA, JA Morgan, D Blumenthal, & RF Follett. 2010. Water limitation and plant inter-specific competition reduce rhizosphere-induced C decomposition and plant N uptake. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 42:1073-1082.
23. Dijkstra FA, JA Morgan, DR LeCain, & RF Follett. 2010. Microbially mediated CH4 consumption and N2O emission is affected by elevated CO2, soil water content, and composition of semi-arid grassland species. Plant and Soil, 329:269-281.
21. Dijkstra FA. 2009. Modeling the flow of 15N after a 15N pulse to study long-term N dynamics in a semiarid grassland. Ecology, 90:2171-2182.
20. Dijkstra FA, NE Bader, DW Johnson, & W Cheng. 2009. Does accelerated soil organic matter decomposition in the presence of plants increase net N mineralization? Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 41:1080-1087.
19. Dijkstra FA, JB West, SE Hobbie, & PR Reich. 2009. Antagonistic effects of
species on decomposition and net mineralization in soils from mixed coniferous plantations. Forest Ecology and Management, 22:975-982.
18. Dijkstra FA, E Pendall, AR Mosier, JY King, DG Milchunas, & JA Morgan. 2008. Long-term enhancement of N availability and plant growth under elevated CO2 in a semiarid grassland. Functional Ecology 22:975-982.
17. Dijkstra FA & W Cheng. 2008. Increased soil moisture content increases plant N uptake and the abundance of 15N in plant biomass. Plant and Soil 302:263-271.
16. Dijkstra FA, & W Cheng. 2007. Interactions between soil and tree roots accelerate long-term soil carbon decomposition. Ecology Letters 10:1046-1053.
15. Dijkstra FA, & W Cheng. 2007. Moisture modulates rhizosphere effects on C decomposition in two different soil types. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 39:2264-2274.
14. Johnson DW, FA Dijkstra, & W Cheng. 2007. The effects of Glycine max and Helianthus annuus on nutrient availability in two soils. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 39:2160-2163.
13. Dijkstra FA, JB West, SE Hobbie, PB Reich, & J Trost. 2007. Dissolved inorganic and organic N leaching from a grassland field experiment: interactive effects of plant species richness, atmospheric [CO2], and N fertilization. Ecology 88:490-500.
12. Cheng W & FA Dijkstra. 2007. Theoretical and empirical validation of a continuous labeling method using naturally 13C-depleted carbon dioxide. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 49:401-407.
11. Dijkstra FA, W Cheng, & DW Johnson. 2006. Plant biomass influences rhizosphere effects on soil organic matter decomposition in two differently managed soils. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 38:2519-2526.
10. Dijkstra FA, K Wrage, SE Hobbie, & PB Reich. 2006. Tree patches show greater N losses but maintain higher soil N availability than grassland patches in a frequently burned oak savanna. Ecosystems 9:441-452.
9. Dijkstra FA, SE Hobbie, & PB Reich. 2006. Soil processes affected by 16 grassland species grown under different environmental conditions. Soil Science Society of America Journal 70:770-777.
8. Dijkstra FA, SE Hobbie, PB Reich, & JMH Knops. 2005. Divergent effects of elevated CO2, N fertilization, and plant diversity on soil C and N dynamics in a grassland field experiment. Plant and Soil 272:41-52.
7. Dijkstra FA, SE Hobbie, JMH Knops, & PB Reich. 2004. Nitrogen and plant species interact to influence soil carbon stabilization. Ecology Letters 7:1192-1198.
6. Dijkstra FA & RD Fitzhugh. 2003. Aluminum solubility and mobility in relation to organic carbon in surface soils affected by different tree species. Geoderma 114:33-47.
5. Dijkstra FA, N van Breemen, AG Jongmans, GR Davies, & GE Likens. 2003. Calcium weathering in forested soils and the effect of different tree species. Biogeochemistry 62:253-275.
4. Dijkstra FA. 2003. Calcium mineralization in the forest floor and surface soil beneath different tree species of the northeastern US. Forest Ecology and Management 175:185-194.
3. Aber J, ES Bernhardt, FA Dijkstra, RH Gardner, KH Macneale, WJ Parton, STA Pickett, DL Urban, & KC Weathers. 2003. Standards of practice for review and publication of models - summary of discussion. In: CD Canham, JJ Cole, WK Lauenroth (eds.), The role of models in ecosystem science. Princeton University Press, p. 204-210.
2. Dijkstra FA & MM Smits. 2002. Tree species effects on calcium cycling: the role of calcium uptake in deep soils. Ecosystems 5:385-398.